With the exception of a few days after Christmas when he wanted to read his new books, Ishish now prefers to read a "Dada book" instead of an "Ishish book" or "Mama book" before he sleeps. By that, he means reading a Dilbert book. So I pick one out, spend several minutes reading the comic strips to myself, point out the main characters, and declare reading time over. Not a bad way to spend some time! So far his favorite characters are Dogbert, Ratbert, and Catbert. At first he thought Alice was a house, but I explained that she just has triangle shaped hair.
Last night we were reading one of the cartoons that featured a couple aliens. I asked him if he knew what aliens were and he said he did. I said, "Aliens live far away right?" And he told me that Grandma and Grandpa live with the aliens. I said, "Well, they are far away too".
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment