Once a week, Dada and I each try to have a sleep in day. The night before we'll tell Ishish that one of us will be sleeping in so he knows not to expect us in the morning. When I went into Ishish's room that morning he was playing (as he often does after he wakes up). When he saw me he jumped into bed, pulled the covers over him (which is funny because when he goes to sleep he pushes them as far away as possible), and said "Ishish sleep in day".
He refused to get dressed and asked me to "close drapes". I said "ok, let me know when you're ready to get dressed and come out". A few minutes later I heard the door shut, and then it was quiet. Then I heard some clunking sounds and the door opening and closing a few more times. When I got up and went by his room, I found this.
He had thrown out George, Esnug, his clothes and diaper I had set out, and the bin his books go in (a source of conflict from the night before... long story). I think someone was pouting. Anyhow, if he wanted to stay in his room all morning that was fine with me! About a half hour later I heard the sounds of someone drinking from a sippy cup. I came out of the office and found him in the kitchen. We went back in his room to change clothes, and he kept the fussing to a minimum.
In an attempt to keep him occupied, I pulled out a new fishing pole puzzle.
Then he decided to be an auto mechanic and requested "Mama take picture fixing car".
Ishish repeatedly asked to play on the porch so I agreed. The cats were excited to join us but with the temperature in the upper teens Kiks lasted five minutes and Bucky only one. Ishish kept busy "driving to work" and watching the remaining snowflakes fall.
For lunch he wanted "yellow pasta " (i.e., leftover kugel). When I gave him his third helping I told him that would be his last. He asked for more so I gave him an orange. This picture makes me laugh (I promise he wasn't about to put his knife in his mouth!). Also note the great job he did lining up his orange pieces.
After lunch he wanted to "play dressup" and enjoyed pretending to sleep.
An hour after he started his nap I heard his door handle. I went to his door and saw the handle turning. I said "Ishish? Ishish you're not opening the door are you?" It stopped turning so I went back in the office. A few seconds later I heard crying, which surprised me. I assumed he had just gotten up and was messing with the door because of what he did that morning. But usually the only time he cries during naptime is when he's sleepwalking. Hmm. I went in his room and he was sitting on his bed looking very sad and mumbling something to me. I still couldn't tell if he was awake so I said to him, "Why don't you nap a little longer, and then you can get up and play". And then I left. He was quiet within a minute which meant it was sleepwalking. I hope he never actually leaves his room when that happens!
I wanted to get more stories and pictures of the day but we found out we were having a house showing the next morning. So cleaning superceded everything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment