Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More Cat Stories

As you might remember, Ishish has six ducky friends. The original three have been Dada, Ishish, and I for a long time but he'd never named the other three. After one of his naps he was playing with them. He held them up and said that they were Buddy, Maude, and Squeaky cat! I thought it was so sweet that he would make one Maude even though she died a year ago. Her picture is still above his changing table and she comes up in conversation regularly.

The picture below shows us sitting in the parking lot because "people coming over". Ishish added that the kitties are crying and sick. He also pointed out that Mama (reindeer ducky) is buckling Ishish (Devil ducky) into his carseat. When we have a house showing I refer to it as people coming over. He knows that means we take the cats in the car with us and drive somewhere. They really hate to be in the car and are sure to let us know!



-------------------------------------------------

We celebrated Squeaky's birthday a few weeks ago. As Ishish is fond of birthdays, I decided to add a bit of fanfare. We went to the petstore and each picked out a new toy for her and a special can of cat food which, topped with treats, would be her cake. We also looked at all the pets that were for sale. When we were getting back into the car he said to me: "I want not just Squeaky Cat and Buddy Cat. I want another cat". I said, "I do, too." (pause) "But you will probably be a lot older when we get one." Ishish enjoyed Squeaky's birthday but seemed to think he'd get birthday cake too. So I started a new tradition that we have frozen custard (what we happened to have in the house) when it's her birthday!

1 comment:

Grandma Carol said...

He has a great imagination! Can't wait to see him!