Tonight Ishish brought me a reusable bag as his before bedtime "book". Hmm... ok. It had a picture of a frog with a baseball hat on, so we agreed that that's what it should be about. I was pretty blank on what the story should be from there.
I started off with a frog (who's a boy, naturally) who wore people clothes and could talk. He was looking for someone to play with. An ant tried to be friends but was too small, and a horse tried to be friends but was too big. Then he came across a butterfly. Then I thought, oh crud, butterflies are small too. So I noted that it was a really, big butterfly! Ishish was listening so attentively to the story. He said "big butterfly!" and held his arms apart all the way. The frog and butterfly decided they could play together, because they were similar sized even though they were different. When the frog asked the butterfly what they should play Ishish said "baseball!" They thought it was only logical that the frog hit the ball and the butterfly use its flying skills to catch it. At the end of the story the frog asked the butterfly if they could get together to play again, and Ishish said "yeah!"
I said "The End", but Ishish kept telling me to read the book. I thought I did!?! He told me that the book had four pages. Oh, I forgot to turn the imaginary pages when I read. So I said, "It did have a lot of pages. I'll show you". I "flipped" through the book pointing out that it had the frog page, the ant page, the horse page, (now trying to remember what the story was), the butterfly page, and the baseball page. Ishish exclaimed that the book had "FIVE pages!" Wow, can life get more exciting?
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment