Now that Dada flies for work travel instead of driving Ishish has become even more interested in airplanes. Almost anytime we see one he asks if it's "Dada airplane".
Dada left town two days ago. Within a couple hours of his departure Ishish decided that we should play the "waiting room" game. Here's how it works. He designates a part of the house (kitchen) the airport and another part (living room) the waiting room in the airport. Then we sit on the couch (my idea because I want to be comfortable if this game were to get long!) and watch for Dada to come. While we wait Ishish hands out imaginary snacks for us to eat. After a while I, thoroughly bored with this game, point out that Dada's coming! We pretend that he waves to us, and then we go over to give him a big hug. Can you guess what our usual routine is for getting Dada from the airport? I'll also add that Ishish has played this game a couple times since then.
Before bed last night our conversation went like this:
me: Nighty night Ishish. I'll get you up in the morning.
(Usually I mention what we're doing in the morning, but in this case I wasn't sure.)
Ishish: Go school?
me: No, it's summer break, remember? There's no more school.
Ishish: Go church?
me: No, it's not a church day either.
Ishish: Pick up Daddy day?
me: No, he won't be home yet.
After his nap today I found Ishish sitting on his pillow in bed. He said "I going 'sconsin. I not see you anymore". Really? Then he added "I on airplane". Ohhh, ok. He had put all his friends in a bin and was holding it on his lap. When he told me he'd arrived, he was careful to take them all off the plane with him. I wish I'd been able to take a picture! Unfortunately Ishish told me he's afraid of the camera, and bringing one out only causes him to be upset and run away.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment