A long time ago Ishish started playing with his toothpaste, so we've been keeping it up high in his closet. Saturday night he wanted to put it back in the drawer where it used to be. I agreed but explained that if he played with it we would have to keep it up high again. Forward to the end of yesterday's nap.
I come in and Ishish rushes over to show me how his hands are full of fuzz and dirt.
Me: How did your hands get that way?
Ishish: Ping (his gigantic stuffed penguin)
Me: OK, but why is it sticking? Were you putting your hands in your mouth?
Ishish: (blank stare)
We wash off his hands and I pick a little toy off the ground. It's all sticky! Was it melting??
Me: How did this toy get all sticky?
Ishish: Toothpaste.
I look around and start to see the full extent of the damage... toothpaste on cabinet, toothpaste on a drawer of his toy bin.
Me: Where else did the toothpaste go?
Ishish: Airplane.
I look in his toy bin and find the airplane coated in toothpaste.
Me: Where else did the toothpaste go?
Ishish: Car.
I rummage through more toys and find his mini cozy coupe all sticky.
Me: Where else did the toothpaste go?
Ishish: (blank stare)
Fortunately that was the extent of the damage and some scrubbing and hosing down of toys took care of the mess! I'll be waiting a few months before giving him another chance!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment