Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tonight

Tonight has been extremely long! We ended up in a time crunch between Ishish's nap, an unexpected house showing, and other things. I took him to a restaurant so that we could get some supper. He was well behaved... until it was time to leave.

Me: OK, Ishish. It's time to get your coat on.
Ishish (takes off running): No!
Me: Ishish, stop, come back here!
(Ishish briefly glances back then continues on his way.)
(I chase him down and hold his hand while we go back.)
Ishish (struggling): Let go!
Me: No, you wouldn't stay by me.
(Ishish keeps struggling and decides to lay down on the ground.)
(I pick him up and carry him while we finish getting ready to go.)
Ishish: Put me down Mommy! Put me down!
(He repeats that numerous times while struggling... he is way too big for this!)
Me: If I put you down will you hold my hand?
Ishish: No.
(Sigh... so glad that trip is over!)


This occurred on the end of the drive home. We had been talking, and he seemed back to his usual self.

Ishish: Ishish crying.
Me: You're crying?
Ishish: Yeah.
Me: How come you're crying?
Ishish (his regular response to "why?" questions): Yeah.
Me: Are you sad?
Ishish: Yeah.
Me: Are you sad because we're going home?
Ishish: Nooo.
Me: Are you sad because you're in the car with me?
Ishish: Yeah.
Me (didn't expect that one!): I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What? You mean you don't want another kiddo?

This was too funny...and too familiar, too. :)