
Friday night we celebrated Halloween at our church. Thanks to the warm weather he got to wear his baseball outfit. Ishish was really scared of everything at first. The first person we went to for candy wanted to put it in his bucket, but Ishish stayed out of reach. So I took a piece of candy from the guy and showed Ishish how to drop it in his bucket. After a little while Ishish decided that was fun. He would grab the candy from the person real quick and drop it in his bucket. Eventually he got brave enough to let the people drop it in themselves. He played a game and got to pick out a kazoo as a prize (actually he grabbed four but I convinced him to put the other three back). On the way home he kept saying "church fun".

Saturday night we went trick 'r treating. It was much colder so he wore his penguin costume. After visiting the houses of the six neighbors we know I asked him if he wanted to go to more houses or go home. He thought about it and then said "more houses". So we hit about four more and called it a night.
I wasn't sure if he'd like the candy he got so I bought little packets of raisins and teddy grahams and snuck them into his bucket. In the end those and candy corn were all he cared to eat even though he tried some of the other candy.
1 comment:
How fun! It's nice to have pictures that he can look at and remember before he goes out next year. Good thing he doesn't love candy!
Post a Comment