Friday, November 6, 2009

Mama's Boy

Ishish is quite the Mama's boy. His most common phrase in this regard is "Mama turn".

He says that when he wants me to do things for him (even though he used to do them himself):
- putting him in his booster seat
- brushing his teeth
Or when he wants me to do them instead of Dada:
- setting him onto the changing table
- cleaning him during his bath
- holding his hand in the parking lot

Other phrases also for things he wants me to do instead of Dada are:
"Mama peel" (banana)
"Mama push" (shopping cart)
"Mama read book" (before naptime and bedtime)

Whenever it's time to go to the front room in our house to pick out a book he says "up", and I carry him in there. I have no idea why he wants this, but it's been that way pretty much forever.

A couple weeks ago he decided we should hug before naptime and bedtime. Now after we finish reading he says "nap hug", kneels in my lap, and hugs me for a long time. I'll squeeze him tight and say "big hug". Then he asks for "more big hug". I usually have to initiate the end of hug time.

When it's time to drop him off at preschool he stays by my side until I leave, even though his teachers have told me he's never upset when I go.

At gym class he insists on holding my hand during the warm up. When the teacher had the kids do an activity without parents he decided to sit in my lap instead of participating.

I guess it's good he wants me so much?

No comments: