Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Food Funnies

Ishish can be funny about food. When we make pizza he exclaims "Pizza! Pizza!" Then he eats at most one bite. I think he's learned from his friends that pizza is something to be excited about, but he just doesn't care for it!

A couple weeks ago we decided he was old enough to join us in some frozen custard. Lately we'd only been eating it after he went to bed. He really enjoyed it... and fortunately more made it to his mouth than his lap!

Ishish got a sucker from the doctor this week (she called it a lollipop in case you're not sure what a sucker is). Here too he was excited about it but just kept holding it. After getting nowhere by explaining to him that he can lick it I pantomined licking it. He repeated my actions exactly (pretending to lick it). Made me laugh! On the way home he finally started to lick it. After we got home (and proudly showed it off to Dada) he left it on the floor. I told him that it had to stay in his hand or in his mouth. I added that if he didn't want it he could throw it away. Shortly thereafter I saw him walk to the garbage can and toss it in. I can't wait to discover what other foods he likes (and hates)!

No comments: