Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bed Update and Favorite Things

Ishish's time in his bed has been going well overall! He goes right to sleep at night, wakes up at the usual time, and then plays in his room until we get him. Naptime has been a little more interesting. Usually he plays a little and we remind him to go back to bed after he starts making a lot of noise. Then he falls asleep. Yesterday when we went in there the light was on. It's too dark to play with the drapes closed, right? He happily played for hours until we gave up on him napping and got him out. We leave the door unlocked during naptimes so we can find out if he'll leave on his own - so far he hasn't (yay!).

Over the last couple weeks he has rediscovered the game of peekaboo. He loves it and plays all the time now! Often he plays the game by himself. First he'll turn away or squint his eyes, then he'll say "Where'd Ishish (yup, he still pronounces his name that way) go?", then he'll look back and say "Peekaboo!". I've been trying to get a video, and this is the best I've been able to do. I start the video a second early so you can enjoy watching Kiks walk by. I just noticed another thing in the video that's new for him. He now has his snack time water in a real cup!



His other new favorite is asking "What's that?" about everything, especially things he already knows. It's funniest when he does that while we're in the car. He hasn't figured out that I can't tell where he's pointing when I'm driving!

No comments: