Ishish is developing more and more language skills, so I thought I would document all the things he tried to say so far today.
First thing in the morning Dada was greeted by one of our cat's loud yowling for food. Ishish, still in his crib and able to tell the cats apart by sound, was quick to say "Buhey Buhey cat".
While I put his sandals on, he pointed out that he had "two foots". When I corrected him with the word feet he changed to "two feets".
On our walk he was sure to point out all the blue trucks, blue being the only color he knows. He knows that we sometimes use the word "too" and sometimes "also". Now he puts them together such as "blue truck too also". Even though I keep using it, he also hasn't figured out the word "another" yet, so one more truck is always "more truck". And he always leaves out words that he deems irrelevant. So "man truck" means there's a man in the truck and "man hat" means the man is wearing a hat.
Later on our walk he played with water in a manhole cover. Afterward he asked me for a napkin, "buhon", to wipe his hands on. We then passed a normal sized woman walking and he said (very loudly and with a stutter he's just developed) "bibibigbig woman!".
We've been trying to teach him the concept of having three things. Today he finally caught on when he pointed out that we had three plates during lunch. He also told me "welcok" after I gave him more milk. Now that he knows we use the phrase "you're welcome" he's become confused about when to use it.
I look forward to finding out what he tells us next!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment