me: Do you want something on top of your waffle?
Ishish: No, I big boy now. Big boys not have toppings on waffles.
After his first waffle he changed his mind and decided that having syrup on top was ok.
I picked up his Dora toy, one of the dozen friends he sleeps with at night, and set it in his room.
Ishish: I big boy now. Dora not be in here. (throws toy out of room)
me: (concerned... did someone tell him he shouldn't have a Dora toy?) Why?
Ishish: I big boy now. I not want to break her.
Ishish used the bathroom and walked away without flushing, so I called him back. Suddenly I noticed that he was holding his toothbrush and trying to flush the toilet with the toothbrush!
me: No! You don't touch the toilet with your toothbrush!
Ishish: Some kids do-
me: (cutting him off) No!! No kids use their toothbrush on the toilet!!
me: Did you have storytime at preschool today?
Ishish: Yes. It was a Clifford story.
me: That's neat.
Ishish: Clifford is my favorite! I want Clifford at my house!
Ishish: During my nap my tummy was sad.
me: Why? Were you hurt?
Ishish: I was sad because I had to stay in my room.
me: (feeling guilty about forcing a "nap" on him when he's way past that stage) Oh.
Ishish: It's wake up time now. Now I'm happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment